Sunday 23 February 2014

'Spring' Goddess

Finally, before I started on my February piece, I stitched 'Spring'.  Again, I made the cabochon using a digital image and added lots of baby bell flowers to echo the roses in the cabochon, then embellished them with tiny green seed bead leaves.  I picked out the background colours of the cabochon to complete the stitching and added a flower and leaves as embellishment on her head.  I think I was needing to stitch something pretty after all the darker/wintry Goddesses I had made before and she is.  :o)



I wonder what will come next?

3 comments:

  1. She is so pretty Donna and makes you smile! Spring is definitely on it's way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous!!!! I love the leaves, and I love how well you matched the background - the dragonfly really stands out. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ericka and Nancy! :o)

    I'm hopeful that Spring will soon be here. We discovered some mini daffodils growing in a pot on the back garden this morning and the clematis is getting it's leaves back too. There are also just the first signs of leaves appearing on the maple tree we planted in memory of my MIL.

    ReplyDelete