Thursday 27 February 2014

Eastern Treasure Earrings

I've just finished these earrings this week as my entry into the Operation Tackle That Bead Stash monthly challenge.  The colours for February were red, black and metallic gold and when I found the beautiful crystal components in my stash while I was looking for something else last week, I knew they would be perfect.


I stitched the components down onto the backing and beaded a row of gold right around the edge then added a couple of fire polished crystals and more seed beads in the other colours.  I finished the embroidery off with an ultrasuede backing and added a loop to the top for the earwire.  I had to wait over the weekend for some more crystals and daggers to arrive so that I could bead the fringe along the bottom edge as, unbelievable as it seems, I didn't have black daggers in my stash! :oO  I know.  Shocking, right?  Luckily the postie brought them to me just as I was finishing the edging on Salacia, Queen of the Ocean so I sat right down and got them done as well.  All in all a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment