Saturday 20 August 2011

There's nothing like standing on the rocks at Godrevy with the waves crashing around you to make you feel insignificant!  I could stand there for hours watching the sea.


The other thing I love to do is to get my bare toes in the sand and walk into the waves.  Not too far - I can't swim - but I love the sea at St Ives.  It's so clear and warm.  We spent the other two days on the beach soaking up the sun.  A little too much sun, as my back will testify.  Ouch!

I took my beads with me as usual but didn't take them out of the box!  I did go and buy some new ones though. :o)  I wanted to make a metallic version of my Harlequin Cuff but didn't have any metallic Delicas so I had to go and fetch some.  This is how it turned out:


I love how different it looks from the original.  I might do a pastel version now.

I'm currently working on the Piet Mondrian inspired cuff for Linda, the winner of my August competition.  I must confess, I hadn't a clue about his work before Linda suggested it but I did some research and I think I've come up with something suitable.  The only problem I'm having is that it's all straight lines so I'm having to use square stitch.  Square stitch was the first stitch I learnt and I used it lots at first.  Now, I'm finding that my tension is dodgy and  I can't seem to get it to sit straight.  Give me peyote any day!  Thankfully, I'll only have to stitch it the once then I can do the tute and kit and it will be up to someone else to stitch them. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment