Friday 28 February 2014

Little Bits of Whimsy

Back in October last year I was busily making new things for a couple of fairs I'd got coming up and found some pretty metal badges in my stash that I had once bought in error as they were listed as cabochons.  I'd used a few of them in bead embroidery before and decided that they would be quick to make up into pretty necklaces.

They are all done in the same way but embellished slightly differently.  The birdcages have simple flower beads to echo the flowers on the picture.


These cute bird ones I left plain.


And the hearts I turned into heart shapes with the addition of some fire polished crystals.


I added a ribbon in place of a chain to keep the 'pretty' theme going and make them easy to wear at different lengths.  Because they are metal blanks instead of glass cabochons they are really light so don't need anything more substantial.  I think they are perfect for the Summer and shall be making myself one or two soon.  I still have some of these in my Etsy store if you'd like one too.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment